ABC book

Is there any meaning in what happens to us in our life?
How do we know whether the path we choose 
will lead to the right destination? 

Many people wonder whether there is a plan or a destination for their life at all.


For I know what I have planned for you,’ says the Lord
‘I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. 
I have plans to give you a future filled with hope.
Jeremiah 29:11
When I was a child, I used to think that everyone else lived their lives like our family did. I thought everyone moved from place to place, country to country, town to town, house to house. 
Maybe my rootlessness gave this story such an impact in my life. When I was seven, I found this Swedish book in a house we moved to. A Swedish family had lived there.  
VILL DU LÄSA? 
(DO YOU WANT TO READ?) 


Of course, I wanted to read the book with such a title. I could read English books already when I was four years old. I begged my mother to teach me to read this book. Swedish was her language. We spoke Finnish, my father's language, at home. 

   


The pictures in this book opened a new world for me. I begged my mother to tell stories of her childhood in a world that looked like the pictures in this book. I lived in Ceylon, a tropical world at the time, with a lush green summer all the time.  

Further on in the book, I found a story of a girl with the same name as mine. The name of the story was: LISA'S FUTURE PLANS. 


A seed was sown. 
A plan and a destination gradually took form.


I think it's moving and beautiful that Elsa's story inspired you and your husband to what you did for orphans. That's what Grandma Elsa would have appreciated! We, therefore, give you permission to use the story and with its images on Your Blog without royalty requests from our site. We wish you good luck and hope your blog will be read! Sincerely! / Dag Beskow
21st August 2017








Comments

BettieG said…
Lisa, this is so beautiful! We just do not comprehend the ways that God weaves everything together in our lives to keep us walking on His path! How precious that He had that book waiting for you to read it, stirring longings in your heart that He had planted there already. He is so good to us. Thank you for this encouragement today my friend!

Popular posts from this blog

Arrival in Kandy

Our family’s Christmas traditions!

Back to School in Kandy