I stand amazed

I Stand Amazed

PRECIOUS MEMORIES

  


Welcome to join me in finding our story.

Where does one begin a story?

Once upon a time...


There are numerous untold stories unfolding daily in each of our lives.
Thanks to modern technology, I am finding old
- and new friends -
almost every week.

It is hard for me to concentrate on a single line of my story.
 Maybe I must write first to sort out the tangled threads of my life. 
As I have lived around the globe,
who knows what the final picture will be like.

I welcome comments and reflections from my readers.

I hope to add other blogs and posts as I go along.

Just a few days ago I discovered a member of one family I knew 60 years ago in Ceylon. We never lived in the same town, but we met occasionally when we traveled with my father. Their two girls, a few years younger than me, sang beautifully.
I envied their confidence, as I was terribly shy.

I remember one tropical evening when I was ten.
We had just returned to Ceylon after two years in Finland.
We arrived late to a meeting in Nugegoda, Colombo.
The fireflies flitted around among palm fronds in the garden.
I stood still. It was magic. 

The girls were singing a beautiful song. I can't remember the words. 
Then their father sang the words of another song into my heart:

I stand amazed in the presence
  Of Jesus the Nazarene,
and wonder how He could love me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoV4koFy-Is

I still stand amazed as I study the pattern of the life I was given.Many times I have misunderstood the meaning of pain, of being homeless, of not belonging.


Now I see some of the riches in just those experiences.Join me as I search for more stories, and share some of yours too in the link below each post.  


Comments

Anna Smit said…
May the Lord embolden you to share bravely, unashamedly and to His Glory!

Love the feel of this online home.
Lisa Enqvist said…
Thanks, Anna Smit for you encouraging words.
BettieG said…
Lisa, I love this site, and I love your beautiful story here. The song you shared took me back to my childhood also, and the glorious interpretations by our Pastor to the Deaf. I had to include a link here of a woman giving the signs for this great hymn, because I was so blessed today also!

https://youtu.be/LrLLj6lALnM

Popular posts from this blog

Arrival in Kandy

Our family’s Christmas traditions!

Back to School in Kandy